In order to integrate with Live@Edu you will require access to both the Frog server’s toolkit and your Live@Edu account as an administrator.
Enabling Single Sign On(SSO) with Live@Edu
Before your Live@Edu account will allow SSO you must first enable this functionality from your Live@Edu control panel. You will also require some further information which will be supplied by Live@Edu when SSO is enabled.
To enable SSO and request these details, log into your Live@Edu administrator account and select the Single Sign On option from the menu on the left. Once the page loads, please select the Request Single Sign On Support button. This will notify Microsoft of a request to use Single Sign On with your Live@Edu account who will then enable this feature and email the relevant certificates and details to your Live@Edu admin account’s email address.
Please note: the Download Microsoft Live@Edu SSO Kit is for use with Active Directory Single Sign On and is not required for integration of Live@Edu with Frog.
Processing the PFX.
Included with the information from Live@Edu will be a .pfx file. This file contains the details of the certificates for use with SSO. In order to process the PFX file into the separate items required, a batch file and SSL processor (openSSL) have been provided to make this task easier to complete.
You will require the PFX password key to complete the certificate creation process. The CertCreate.zip file can be found here.
1. Extract the CertCreate.zip file.
2. Copy all the contents of the extracted file to the folder containing your .pfx file.
3. Open a DOS prompt.
a. Select Start from the Windows task bar.
b. Select Run.. (Windows Key + R can be used as a shortcut in place of steps a and b.).
c. Enter cmd in the run field and press enter. A DOS prompt will now be displayed.
4. Browse to the folder containing your PFX and the extracted .zip contents on the command line. 5. Launch the .bat file from the command line using the name of your PFX file as a parameter, for example: CertCreate.bat mySchool.pfx
6. The batch file will create the following files:
i. all.cer ii. cer.pem iii.private.pem
7. In this instance cer.pem is the certificate file and private.pem is the key file. Keep these files in a secure location, accessible from the Frog server.
To complete the configuration of Live@Edu integration some information must be provided within the Frog toolkit.
1. Log into the Frog toolkit as an administrator and select the Tools menu from the top grey bar, then Config.
2. Within the Config tab locate the Live@Edu section as pictured below.
3. Enter the Site ID and URL as provided by Live@Edu, as well as uploading the Certificate Key (private.pem) and Certificate (cer.pem).
4. Save the changes to the Config area.
Update as of August 2012
The Legacy Live@edu SSO URL has now been shut down.
Please make the changes to the URL in the PHP of the live@edu SSO kit as below:
The only change is to the URL used to validate a Windows Live ID.
You should now be able to use Live@Edu integration via the Live@Edu Frog brick. If you have any queries or require any assistance please contact the Technical Support team on 01422 395939 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org